Today’s Post By: Servando Varela, Program Director, Marketing and Strategy for Information Lifecycle Governance
IBM announced the release of IBM Enterprise Records V5.2 on October 14, 2014. With this release of IBM Enterprise Records we are pleased to unveil an all new web-based user interface based on IBM Content Navigator. IBM Enterprise Records can help an organization automate all record-based activities by supporting the entire lifecycle of records from creation to disposition. The new and improved IBM Enterprise Records interface will enhance our existing ZeroClick technology by further reducing the number of clicks required to execute records management tasks, thereby improving the efficiency of records management teams.
IBM Enterprise Records V5.2 provides a number of additional features, beyond the new web-based user interface, to help organizations meet their records management needs, including:
- IBM Content Manager Enterprise Edition (CM8) integration improvements for enhanced IBM Enterprise Records performance that speed implementation timeframes, reduce records management application footprints, and improve ongoing maintenance. This new integration with IBM CM8 removes the requirement for Content Federation Services and provides a highly scalable records management implementation to meet the demands of the largest IBM CM8 systems.
- Performance improvements for large-scale record operations through lighter weight containers and automatic workflow enhancements.
- Reporting improvements include new functionality that allow users to declare IBM Enterprise Records reports as a record. IBM Enterprise Records includes IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence so organizations can run the included reports. Crystal Reports will continue to be supported, as in previous versions.
Additionally, the latest version of IBM Enterprise Records contains improved interoperability with IBM Global Retention Policy and Schedule Management. This integration enables records management organizations to:
- Define, manage, and publish retention schedules for all information (not just records in a formal repositories) in order to reflect business value
- More easily manage efforts to comply with significant differences in country laws
- Efficiently connect and communicate with a broad community of records stakeholders
- Streamline schedule updating and approvals
- Provide business people direct web access to their own segment of the retention schedule
- Produce data source-specific retention schedules automatically to improve execution-in-place across more of the disparate information environment
Once retention schedules have been defined and approved in the IBM Global Retention Policy and Schedule Management application, they can be automatically sent to IBM Enterprise Records and applied to actual documents or records.
IBM StoredIQ helps users sort through large volumes of content from disparate data sources, identify critical records, and clean up ROT. With IBM StoredIQ organizations can gain insight about their data and quickly get a view of what data is stored in their unstructured data environments through data analysis, visualization and auto-classification. Once the data has been analyzed, IBM StoredIQ can take action on the data to apply consistent policies for data storage and governance. IBM StoredIQ can help organizations with their records management, eDiscovery, data governance, data cleanup, data curation, compliance, storage rationalization, big data, platform migrations, and data center consolidation needs.
For more details about the new IBM Enterprise Records v5.2 release please visit our IBM Announcement page.